Monday, November 21, 2011

Transformation...

"Toujours the done thing(247)." Forever the thing done? I need help understanding this paragraph on page 247... Where did this come from? One minute they are talking about the hotel room, next this? It threw me off balance a little bit. I understand what it means, in translation, but does it have to do with Nick and Alison reuniting? About remember their past? HELP maybe I'm overlooking something...

Aside from that...

"She spoke as if we had last met the week before. But it didn't work. The nine months stood like a sieve between us, through which words came, but none of the emotions(246-247)."
 This hit home with me, reuniting with people you haven't seen in a year or so. Especially after going through such a transformation as Nick did. Nick thought he met someone new, Julie, and no longer had feelings for Alison. He felt a new life forming, in a new place, with new people. He didn't want anything to do with her... later, as you know, Conchis used his awesome mind playing tricks on Nick to go see her, by hiding everyone and everything in Bourani. My transformation wasn't quite as drastic, yet after three years it seems like I am staring at a stranger, their actions seem different, or maybe it is my actions that are different... I can't help but feel separated from the people I once felt most connected to. I choose to roll with the changes, there is nothing I can do... I have been transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment